I. Roll Cage Must Consist Of Continuous Hoops Not Less Than 1.5"
Outside Diameter. and Must have A Wall Thickness Of At Least 095,
2. Must Be Frame Mounted In At Least 6 Places,
3. Must Consist Of A Configuration Of Front & Rear Hoops Connected
By Tubing On The Sides Or Side Hoops. Drivers Head Must Not Protube Above
Cage With Helmet on, Roll Cage Must Be Securely Supported, And Braced.
Top Hoop must Have Crossbar.
4. Protection Of Feet Is Mandatory. Bar Across Back Of Engine With Vertical
Bars And Rub Rails. Or Similar Protection.
5. No Brace Bars Forward Of P. Cage May Be Higher Than Stock Hood Height.
6. Driver Door Bars Must Be As Parallel With The Ground As Possible.
And Located Perpendicular To The Driver So as To Provide Maximum Protection
For Driver, But Without Causing Difficulty In Getting In Or Out Of The
Vehicle, The Side bars must Be Welded To The Front And Rear Of The Roll
Cage members No Brazing,7 Or Soldering. Door Bars Less Than 095 1,Thickness
must Have 4 Bars at Least l 1/2" Diameter.
7. Helmets Are required. And Must Be Approved SHCA or Snell Type Full
8. Fire Suits 0f Flame Retarded Nature Must Be worn By All Competitors.
Fire Resistant gloves Recommended, But Not Required,
9. Brakes must Be Operated On All 4 wheels And Must Iock up All 4 wheels
At Inspection. no Drilling Of Brake Rotors! N0 Altering of Brake Rotors!
No Single Disc Brake Rotors! Must Be OEM Brakes Are meant To Stop Your
Car! No Drilling Or Altering Of Brake Rotors
10. Exhaust Svstems Must Be Mounted In Such A Way To Direct Spent Cases
Away From Areas Of possible Spillage Of Fuel. Headers must Be pointed Awav
11. All Cars must Have Fuel Cells. 32 gal. Max. In Completely Enclosed
Steel Contianer, All Cells To Eave A minimum Of 2 - 2" x I/8"
Steel straps Surrounding Them. Fuel Cell Must Be Protected In rear Of Axle
By roll Cage Tubing Mounted Securely, No Part of Fuel Cell Can Be Lower
Than Protective Tubing.
12. Batteries Must Be Securely Mounted And Shielded. Batteries mounted
Inside Of vehicle Must Be In Marine Type Cases.
13. Fuel Must Be Either Gasoline Or Alcohol. no Nitrous Oxide. No Additives
Of Any Kind.
14. Loose obects must Not Be Used In Drivers compartment, Or Outside
Of Body Or Hood Area. Any weights added To Other Areas Of Vehicle Must
Be SecureIy mounted, And Painted white Or silver" with Car Number
On It. Attached with at Least 2 - 1/2" bolts. Weights Must Be inside
Body Of Car, Not Attached To Rear Bumper, All Lead Must Be Mounted Below
Interior Sheet Metal.
15. Factory Production Full 1950 or Newer Parel,el American Passencer
Car Frames Only. Frames May Be Cut In Rear Only At Point not Farther Than
36" From Center Of Rear End Housing,
I6. Frames May Ilot Be Widened Or Narrowed. And Must be Able To Support
Roll Cage on Both Sides. Must Be Full And Complete Both Sides. Front Cross
Member May Be Notched For Radiator. Clearance Only. Minimum Frame And Body
Height From gound Is 4"
17. Front Suspension must Be O.E.M. And Be In Stock Location, And Must
Be Replacable By Stock Part From Same Type Suspension, Stock Passenger
Car Spindles Only. No Fabricated Spindles. Bottom A Frames Cannot Be Altered
18.Tube Type Upper A Frame Allowed And Can Be moved,
19. No Coil Over Shocks Allowed Front Or Rear, No Homemade Coil- Overs.
20. N Jeep . Bronco, Or 4 Wheel Drive, Sports Car, Etc. Frames Allowed,
No Front wheel. Drives,
21. Rear Of Frame may Be Altered To Accept Leaf Or Coil Springs. Any
Coil Springs Must Be At Least 4 - 1/2" Outside Diameter, No Fibreglass
Springs, NO Fibreqlass Lift Bars, No Rear Torsion Bars,
22. No Hydraulic, Ratchet, Or Electric Weight Jacks Anywhere In Or On
23. One Shock Per Wheel Only, Additional Shocks In Other Locations Permissable,
Any Shock On Car May Be Claimed For $125.00
24. Minimum Wheelbase 108" Maximum Wheel base 112" No Front
Clips or Tube Type Allowed, No Aluminum or Fibreglass Suspension Or Rearend
Parts. No Aluminum Drive Shafts,
25. All Race Cars Must Meet Measurements Of Drawing, There Are Only
5 Roof Lines To Choose From! Don't Try To Invent Something New!
26. Bodies May Be Tiempo, Cavalier, Mustang II, Daytona, Gremlin, Etc,
American Compact Passenger Cars Only, NO NIGHTMARES! No Panel vans, Station
Wagons, Rear Windows must Be Either Open Or Clear, Both Rear Windows Must
match, Either Both Open, Or Both Closed. Should Be Stock Appearing. Stock
Appearing Front Windshield And Rear Window Support Unit. Front window Support
May Have Clear Lexan Support of No More Than 4" At Bottom Going Straight
Up To Top ,, Must Be Full Size Roof, No Flat Gremlin Roofs Must Resemble
No homemade inventions, Gremiln roofs 56" miximum length. Gremlin
Roof Supports 46" Bottom maximum, 18" Top Minimum, Must Go From
Bottom To Top At 45 degree Angle Rear Slope must Be Gradual, And No More
Than 2" Total Slope, All Cars Must Be Stock Appearing, And Resemble
An American Made Compact Car,
27. Original Roof Lines Of Vehicle Should. Be Maintained With A Maximum
1" Drop Rear To Front, No Wings, No Spoilers. Or Any Other Ground
Effect Allowed Inside Or Outside Of Car,
28. Engine Compartment Will Remain Open, No Side Panels, Hood Sides
may Have Maximum 4" Drop And must Be Enclosed At Rear Of Hood, Bodies
Should Extend No Further Forward Than Back Of block, Rear Of Bodies To
Be Solid Panel At Least 8" High with Car Number,
29. All Windows Must Have minimuin 12" Vertical Opening, Entire
Interior must Have 12" Clearance For Easy Exiting In Case Of Fire,
No Half moon Roofs,
30. No Direct Drives Allowed, Must Be Bolted To Engine. must Have Forward
And Reverse. Must Be Able To Shift To Forward Or Reverse With Engine Running.
BERT Type Transmissions Allowed,
31. Competition Shoulder Harness At Least 3" Lap Belt Of At Least
3" & Sub strap Required. No Factory 7 Type Shoulder Belts Or Straps.
metal To metal Buckles Are Required On Shoulder And Seat Belts. Shoulder
Harness Should Be Mounted Even with Or Above Drivers Shoulders. Belts &
Harness Recommended To Be No more Than 1 Year 0ld.
32. KilI Switch Required within Easy Reach Of Driver, This switch must
say "On" Or "OFF"
33. Drive Shaft Loop Is Required And must be Constructed Of At Least
1/2" x 2" Steel, must Be mounted no more Than 6" Back From
Front Of Drive Shaft, Drive Shaft must Be White Or Silver,
34. Any American Engine may Be Used As long as Rear Of Engine bell1iousing
Flange Is mounted At Least 72" Forward From The Center Line Of rear
Axle. Engine Offset must Be Kept within 2" Of Center Line Of Front
cross member, Engine Height minimum 11" From Ground To Front Center
Of Crankshaft., No Aluminum Blocks ! No Aluminum Blocks
35. No Timing Controls Of Any Kind, No Traction Control Of Any kind
! No Controlling of wheel Spin By Any Device.
36. Front Bumper must Be mounted Frame End To Frame End, with The Bottom
Loop Parallel To the ground. Minimum 1 1/2" Pipe Able To Support car
If Lifted By Wrecker. Rear Bumpers may Be Constructed Of Pipe Or Flat Stock,
and must protect Fuel Cell. center Of nurf bars Front And Rear must be
18" From,. ground. (Tolerance 2") Rear Bumpers, Nerf Bars, And
Bodies must Not Extend Beyond width Of rear Tires, And must Not Contain
Any Sharp edges.
37. Cne 2 Or 4 Barrel Carburetor, must be naturally asperated. No Fuel
Injection. No Electric Fuel Pumps. No Magnetos.
38. Any Passenger Car Type Or Truck Rear End may Be Used. No aluminum
allowed Except Lowering Blocks, Axle Can, and Drive Plate. no Ouick Change
39. Clutch Type Transmissions must Be EquippedI With An Explosion Proof
Steel Bell Housing, If Explosion Proof Bell housing Is Not avallable For
Your Engine, Or If You Prefer, You may Construct a Shield Of At Least 1/2"
x 6" Steel Covering The Clutch area 360 And Be Securely fastened
40. Steering Box Must Be O.E.M. No Pack And Pinion. Must Remain Within
Original Bolt Pattern, For Type Of Frame Used,. In Cocknit Steering may
be modified to Suit Drivers Taste, But Must Be On Left Side of Cockpit.
No Center Steering,
41. N0 Radios, No Mirrors.
42. No aluminum Shells, Hubs, "A" Frames, Or Spindles, Or
Any Other Aluminum Suspension Parts. No plastic Carbon Wheels. All Calipers
must Be OEM
43. All Engines must Be Able To Be Used In Conventional Passenger Car
Without Alteration. motor mounts Cannot Be Removed or altered Castings
And Fittings must Not Be Changed, No machine Work On outside Engine or
On Front Or Rear Of Camshaft.
44. No Total Dry Sump Systems Allowed. Wet Systems must Be operative
And Will Go With Engine claim.
45. Cooling Systems may Be Altered, or modified if Stock Appearing Hood
Line is Maitained
46.Engine Clami Ruls: $550,00 Plus Exchange Of Engine, (Wreckers Pulling
Engines Get $50.QO)
47. Claim Does Not Include Flywheel, Clutch, Pressure Plate., Bell Housing,
Headers, Carburetor, Starter, Fan & Pulleys Motor mounts, Sending Units,
And Swirxhwa For Oil Pressure & water Temp., Carburetor Adaptor, Clutch
Ball, Clutch Arm, Throw Out Bearings, Dip Stick, Water Pump, Distributor,
Or Plug Wires, Or Fuel Pump,
48 Driver making Claim must Have Taken Checker Flag In Feature, And
Be On Same Lap As The Leader. Claim must Be made in Cash or Cert, Check
To Promoter Within 5 minutes Of End Of Feature, Driver must Have Cash Or
Cert, Check, Plus His UMP, License On Him. Cannot Be Given Driver By Anyone
Else. No Driver Can make Over 2 Claims In U.M.P. For The Entire Year,A
Driver Can Claim Another Drivers Engine Only Once During The Year, Only
The Winner Can Be Claimed, In Case Of Multiple Claims On Same Engine, Engine
Will Go To Qualified, Driver Finishing Furthest Back, No Driver may Claim
An Engine If He Has Spun Out, And Caused A Yellow Flag Caution Period,
If Claim Is Refused, Claim Is Not Held Against Claiming Driver. If a Driver
Has A Vastly Surerior Engine, And Blows Everyone Away In A Race, Then He
Needs To Be Claimed, But if You Have Good Competitive Racing Among Several
Drivers, Then There Is No Need For Grudge Claiming, The Only Reason For
Claiming Is To Keep The Racing Low Dollar And Competitive,
49. Driver making Claim must Drive His Car immediatly After Finish Of
Feature, Under Its Power, Directly To Claiming Area. Only Drivers And officials
Are Allowed In Claiming Area, Claiming Area Must Be Designated By Promoter
To All Drivers At Drivers Meeting Prior To Feature Event** Feature Winner
Must Go To Claiming Area Immediately Following Finish of Feature Event,
If No Driver Comes Immediately To Claiming Area, Winner May Go To His Pits.
Go to Page 3
Go To Page 2